The Recent Purchases
July 8, 1905
The Mechanics’ Savings Bank acquires property “in the centre of the business portion of Broad St.”
The crowning act in the career of the officers of the Mechanics’ Savings Bank of this city was the purchase by that institution of the modern, three story brick building at No. 310 E. Broad St., extending back the entire depth of the lot, 125 feet, 6 inches. The property is in the centre of the business portion of Broad St. which is the leading thoroughfare in this city. The price paid was seventeen thousand, seven hundred and fifty dollars cash. The building is now occupied as a furniture store and rests for $1000 per year.
About this article
Location on Page
Lower Right Quadrant
“The Recent Purchases,” Black Virginia: The Richmond Planet, 1894-1909, accessed July 17, 2019, http://blackvirginia.richmond.edu/items/show/1119.